[Qgis-developer] QCA lib dependency for master

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Fri Sep 25 15:24:08 PDT 2015

Hi,

With PR #2330 merged, there is now a dependency upon the Qt Cryptographic
Architecture (QCA) library and one of its plugins [0] for master builds.

See first two posts of the old PR #1838 for information on getting QCA
installed for your system [1]. I will update INSTALL tonight or tomorrow.

QCA is GPL2-licensed tool now part of the KDE project [2]. Its usage in
QGIS has a run-time dependency upon QCA's OpenSSL plugin (qca-ossl), which
keeps QGIS from directly linking to OpenSSL, thereby avoiding any annoying
export restrictions. You can install other QCA plugins, but qca-ossl is
prioritized over any others in QGIS startup code. If the plugin is missing
the new authentication system will gracefully disable itself (let me know
if it does not).

Latest QCA version is 2.1.0 (and recommended), which builds on all major
platforms using CMake and includes all available plugins in the build
process. However, the code has been tested against version 2.0.3 (package
on Ubuntu 12.04), which requires separate building of plugins.

The Travic CI builds already have the necessary bits added for QCA in their
setup scripts.

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2330
[0] http://delta.affinix.com/qca/
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1838