[Qgis-developer] share plugins (English required)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Apr 5 13:01:55 PDT 2016

On 05-04-16 21:43, Martin Landa wrote:
>> fyi, I just downloaded your
>> http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/osgeorel/qgis-plugins.xml?qgis=2.15
>> put in in my local /var/www/
>> added http://localhost/qgis-plugins.xml as a repo named 'test'
>> and just installed it flawlessly (having 4 buttons now in my toolbar)...
>>
>> I first looked at the metadata of the plugin in the zip, and thought
>> that maybe the encoding/diacretic chars could be a problem.
>> But then I just tried to install as above and it worked..
>
> sorry, but what means "as above"?

As in:
- downloading the qgis-plugins.xml and save it as a file in a local
webfolder
- then add the url to the xml as a repo url in qgis
- find the repo in the 'new plugins' list
- installed your plugin

> Is there any way how to determine if the zip file is downloaded, where
> it failed. The error message doesn't say anything useful.

This error comes from the plugin installer stuff:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/pyplugin_installer/qgsplugininstallerinstallingdialog.py#L126

it looks like it is downloaded succesfully but failes to unzip?

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/pyplugin_installer/qgsplugininstallerinstallingdialog.py#L54-L57

it looks like it should be in your /tmp directory

maybe you can add some debug lines yourself in
qgsplugininstallerinstallingdialog.py ?

Regards,

Richard