[Qgis-developer] [WIP] slider to zoom canvas like a magnifier

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 05:27:56 PDT 2016

Hi,

This functionality is "offered" by ESRI with a different approach (not sure
if it's better or worst tho). The user can set/lock a reference scale to be
used in the map canvas, after that, the normal zoom tools will work just as
before (follow the cursor, drag to zoom a certain area, etc) but the
symbols will enlarge/reduce in proportion to "current scale" vs "reference
scale ratio". This provides a very good way to edit features and set styles
with the output scale in mind.

Vincent Picavet (ml) <vincent.ml at oslandia.com> escreveu no dia segunda,
11/04/2016 às 09:20:

> Hi,
>

> On 11/04/2016 09:02, Paul Blottiere wrote:
> > Announcing WIP for a slider providing a way to zoom the canvas, like a
> > magnifier does.
> >
> > A use case is for example to facilitate the manual placement of small
> > labels.
> >
> > A way to set up this tool is planned too (minimum, maximum and step).
> >
> > Let me know if you have any comments.
>
> Note that this feature would also include a default global value, so
> that users on 4K+ screens can set it to avoid pixel-sized element being
> too small.
>
> Vincent

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo