[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Re: [Qgis-user] QGIS Crash Message

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Aug 8 01:25:46 PDT 2016

Forwarding this message from the user list about some Registry troubles.

What about the idea to make the 'ini-file- based QSettings type the
default QSettings system for ALL Operating Systems?

Some context:
- on windows the QSettings info is in the Windows Registry, on Linux it
is an ini-file in ... and on Mac ... I do not know
- if you use the --configpath option it is ALWAYS an ini-file

In general I think it is just easier to instruct users to either throw
away or edit a file then fiddling in the registry..

QGIS3 would be a nice place in time to do this?

Regards,

Richard Duuivenvoorde