[Qgis-developer] Status of Q3 migration?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Dec 5 21:41:21 PST 2016

Hi all,

Il 06/12/2016 00:02, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:

> Hmm.... I've brought up previously on the list my thoughts that we
> should *extend* the timeline to mid next year, as opposed to speeding
> it up.
>
> See https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2016-October/045554.html
>
> I'm still strongly of the view that extending the timeline is a good
> idea and will give us a much better 3.x series.

thanks Nyall for your reply. I meant in fact to revive that thread,
thanks for digging it out.
So if I understand correctly we are aiming at:
* feature freeze around May
* release around July
or:
* wait until ready?
I love cleanups, but of course they are never really finished: do we
have a specific goal, i.e. a minimum set of tasks to be finished before
freezing? Could we set some of the issues [0] as blockers?
Sorry to bother, but I believe making the whole process more transparent
to developers, users, and donors will help us going ahead smoothly.
All the best, and thanks for thoughts.

[0]https://github.com/qgis/qgis3.0_api/issues
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu