[Qgis-developer] QGIS Install instructions

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 22:35:37 PST 2016

Hi Tim,
These are valuable information I wasn't aware of. I thought the scripts
would be activated while merging.
Thank you very much, Tim.

Harrissou

Le mercredi 21 décembre 2016, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> a écrit :
> Hi Harrisou
>
> On 21 Dec 2016, at 12:04 AM, DelazJ <delazj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Browsing the install instructions of QGIS at
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/INSTALL.html
(whose source is at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL), it
is stated:

> _/!\ Note to document writers: This documented is generated from
> doc/INSTALL.t2t - if you need to edit this document, be sure to edit that
> file rather than the generated INSTALL document found in the root of the
> source directory._
>
> The doc/INSTALL.t2t file being an aggregate of multiple .t2t files from
the doc folder, I concluded that these were the files to edit if I needed
to fix something in the install instructions.

> So, can someone please explain me why this fix (
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/6f87532ac7610f72c1f8bbef7deceb713f7f8e54)
from days ago is not yet available in
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/INSTALL.html#toc10
?

> I am not sure if the process has changed, but historically we would only
generate the INSTALL document during the release process...I would suggest
to just run the t2t script to produce the INSTALL doc when you make changes
and then include the updated INSTALL in your patch.