[Qgis-developer] DWG/DXF Import on Linux

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Dec 22 07:28:27 PST 2016

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, 22. Dec 2016 at 15:46:35 +0100, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> What version of GDAL are you using? Geopackage support needs >= 2.0, for some
> geopackage features even higher. Many Linux distros ship with older GDAL
> releases.

That's right.  The import should only be available when geopackage support is
there.  It's enabled where also the creation of of new geopackage layers is
enabled.

But that was a bit sloppy as the geopackage creation is enabled - ie. with GDAL
1.11, and doesn't use features that GDAL 2 introduced, while I depend on some
(geometry less tables, spatial index).

So DXF/DWG shouldn't be enabled with GDAL <2.

> Do you have the libdxfrw libray installed?

No need - libdxfrw is included in QGIS.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode