[Qgis-developer] GDAL 2.1 can update Geojson files - What is missing in QGIS to edit GeoJSON files ?

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 02:55:07 PST 2016

Hi all

I have just tested QGIS master build againt GDAL "trunk" (build via a git
clone from GDAL github repository & following the doc instructions [1] ).
It works like a charm with a small roads dataset.

Thanks Even (and other involved devs and funders ) for making this happen !

I have seen one first caveat :

* Export a Shapefile to GeoJSON in QGIS via the "Save as" and choose to
keep only 1 number for decimal precision
* Open this GeoJSON file, toggle edition, and add a new feature
* The new feature geometries are written with default decimal precision
(for example : 6790978.453365888446569 ) and not like the other original
features ( for example : 6790978.4 )

We should have a way in QGIS to keep the original decimal precision. Any
clue on this ? Should I open a ticket ?

Regards
Michaël

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnUnix