[Qgis-developer] ​Geophoto management

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Jul 4 04:34:06 PDT 2016

Hi Mark

On 07/04/2016 12:35 PM, Mark Johnson wrote:
> ​Work is being done in this area, intended to be an extension of the
> RasterLite2 library (of the spatialite project), which will hopefully
> come out this year.
>
> The Raster-support in RasterLite2 supports Georeferenced images called
> Raster-Coverage's.
>
> The idea would be to add support for Geotaged images in the form of an
> 'Album'
> - one Album containing images
> - each Album could belong to another Album

Will it easily be possible to extract such a photo from the spatialite file?

Thinking about QField (mobile application), I like the in-database
approach for its portability but fear that the photos will be locked in
there and that it will be quite hard to use them for a report written in
an application that does not support RasterLite2.

Matthias