[Qgis-developer] QGIS for INSPIRE

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 14:54:00 PDT 2016

On 7 July 2016 at 00:27, Patrick Valsecchi
<patrick.valsecchi at camptocamp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We (titellus and camptocamp) are going to start working on adding a few
> functionalities needed for INSPIRE to QGIS core.  Before starting, we’d like
> to tell the community what we plan to do (maybe, some are optional) and give
> a chance to everybody to comment.
>

> Advanced attribute types support
>
> Add support for viewing/editing maps (key/value) and arrays

Great to hear this - it's been on my wishlist for a while! Can you
please file a QEP about this specific change, as I'd like to hear the
implementation you have planned and have some related ideas which may
help.

> Usage of native type for postgis
>
> Usage of string representation for sqlite (for example JSON)
>
> Add a few expression functions for accessing those types: array_get(idx),
> array_length, array_join(separator) / dict_get(key), etc
>
> Add a few function to search in those types: array_search(), dict_search()

As much as possible, can we follow the postgres naming/usage for array
handling functions?

Also on this note - at this stage of QGIS development I'd expect
(actually, scratch that - it's a *requirement*!!) that adding a new
supported field type would be absolutely soaked in unit tests,
including thorough testing for each provider which handling of these
data types are added to. Make sure you factor that into your proposal

> Fix bug where null dates are shown as the current time instead of null in
> forms and saved like that, even for features that are not modified

Nice - this is annoying. Ping me if you have questions, as again I've
got a few ideas on how this can be fixed.

Nyall