[Qgis-developer] How to detect a categorized/graduated 2.5D layer in Python

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Jul 7 05:46:44 PDT 2016

Hi Tom

On 07/07/2016 01:35 PM, Tom Chadwin wrote:
> Matthias Kuhn-2 wrote
>> Or directly the symbols defined on the layer?
>
> What do you mean? Can you retrieve all symbols used by a layer without
> iterating through all the features? In the 2.5D renderer, if height is set
> by an expression, and hence all features have different values, how many
> symbols does this count as?

I thought maybe it would be worth checking

    layer.rendererV2()

and then

for categorized iterate

    renderer.categories()

for graduated traverse

    renderer.rootRule()

for simple

    renderer.symbol()

and for the rest fallback to some generic code (or bail out).

As long as you are only interested in the definition and not in real,
calculated height values that should do I guess.

-- Matthias