[Qgis-developer] SVG as attribute?

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Fri Jul 15 01:51:01 PDT 2016

Hi Matthias,

A few weeks ago I asked a similar question here (titled: "custom
charts?"). You can store the filename and use a data defined svg image
in the styling tab:

---
with an SVG-marker the filename can be "data-defined", so you can for
instance use an expression like '/xxx/mymarker_' || id || '.svg'
---

QGIS cannot (yet) draw symbols using a piece of svg text in your table.
It would be great if it could though!

Good luck,

Raymond

On 15-07-16 10:38, Matthias Ludwig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to store an plain svg in the attribute table for styling
> or is it just possible to save the path to the svg?
>
> Greetings

Terglobo
Fahrenheitstraat 1
5223 BJ 's-Hertogenbosch