[Qgis-developer] PyQgsAppStartup failing with Timeout on OSX

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Jul 20 00:53:51 PDT 2016

On 20/07/16 09:31, Radim Blazek wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:07 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This is failing https://travis-ci.org/qgis/QGIS/jobs/145868490 with
>>> Timeout  60.05 sec.
>>>
>>> Any idea why? I have merged pull request with just GRASS config files
>>> (xml) and 2 python scripts which are not called from tests.
>> With the next commit the test on Mac is passing but PyQgsServerWFST
>> (which I certainly had not touched) failing on Linux / gcc. It looks
>> like random, but I see that it is not failing for others.
> Both tests passed when I had manually relaunched the tests on Travis.
> Do others also have to fiddle with Travis this way?

Unfortunately some tests do not run stable. E.g. PyQgsAppStartup seems
to freeze and runs into a 60 secods timeout every once in a while. But
it's some kind of race condition or other external factors triggering this.
Some tests have been disabled because they were unstable, but mainly the
ones depending on external services (e.g. osm). I don't really want to
do this with the app startup test because it often reveals python problems.

So in short, somebody needs to look into this (these?) issue(s). Until
then we are probably left with restarting or ignoring the tests if we
see it fail because of the timeout.

Matthias