[Qgis-developer] WFS Provider Strategies

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Jul 20 09:29:56 PDT 2016

On 20/07/16 18:17, Even Rouault wrote:

>> True... Although we could replace the features in the cache instead of
>> dropping the new ones for a tiny improvement.
> That would indeed help for the next feature request
>
>> There might be less complicated examples but this is the one I managed to find quickly in my mail box...

Ok, so it's really required... But I think the labelling of the checkbox
should somehow better reflect the situation.

I think already inverting the question to "Do not send bounding box
filter to server" would help to raise awareness. And with a tooltip
explaining that this only is used for certain server scenarios it would
be enough information for everyone.

My thinking now was "Of course I only want only features in the bbox.
But wait, why would I even have to opt-in? Is there something wrong with
it? Will other features be missing from the attribute table if I put a
check there?"

Matthias