[Qgis-developer] Singleband pseudocolor GUI is too wide for styling panel

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:32:19 PDT 2016

Hey Anita,

Having worked on reducing the width of the rendering UIs in the last dev
cycle, I'm familiar with the issue raised here :)

Basically, the singleband pseudocolor renderer's minimum width is
determined (ATM) by the "Color [ramp]" row. More specifically, if you have
a color ramp with a long label, your combo box is going to eat a lot of
horizontal space. There's a lot that can be easily done to alleviate that

There's a long-term solution that might be nice to implement: get rid of
the combo box in favor of a new widget that'd emulate the color button
widget but instead of showing a plan color it'd show the gradient selected,
and the button drop down arrow would list the color ramps and allow for
editing (and creation). That's a significant undertaking, but might be nice
to have in 3.0 :)

Math