[Qgis-developer] SIGNAL to know when a feature is added to vector layer using PyQGIS

Germán Carrillo carrillo.german at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:24:12 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'd like to ask you whether you know any way of being notified when a
feature is being added to a vector layer without opening and closing an
edit session, e.g., by using:

myLayer.dataProvider().addFeatures( [feature] )

Which directly writes the new feature to the provider.

When working with an edit session I can use featureAdded SIGNAL, which
gives me the feature id, but still haven't found a way of using such SIGNAL
with no edit session involved.

Regards,

Germán

--