[Qgis-developer] OpenLayers - the most popular QGIS plugin

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Fri Jun 17 03:35:53 PDT 2016

Hi Pirmin and all

A quick note, just to say that I was aware you were at the Swiss QGIS user
conference. I wanted to post to the previous thread to make others aware of
this, and that therefore this was a terrible time to discuss this issue
publically, since you could not reply. However, I was myself at FOSS4GUK,
and failed to do so. I apologize for failing to find the time to write such
a short and important message.

I will tread very carefully here, but since I am not a core QGIS dev or PSC
member, by all means direct anger at me - we all know for sure that the core
devs/PSC had no intention to denigrate your work. Let your irritation be
with us individuals, and not with the QGIS project as a whole - I am sure
that is what you are doing anyway. Again, everyone on this list is surely
aware of how much you and Sourcepole have done for the project for so many
years.

At the risk of being compared to Trump again (wasn't expecting that...), is
your concern for your users of your fork? If so, can you follow the
Boundless (and others') approach of hosting your own plugins repo and adding
OpenLayers to that?

There remains an issue to solve for QGIS users, and while I understand your
anger at how this discussion has taken place, I don't want us to back away
from discussing it more professionally purely because we are intimidated by
your anger.

I hope you understand and accept this, probably not at all well expressed.

Kind regards to one and all. Except Trump.

Tom