[Qgis-developer] copy/paste with Z/M values and new geometry classes

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 05:13:05 PST 2016

Hi all,

I noticed that we have troubles while copying from 2d layers to 3d layers.
While investigating, I realize that we have new geometry classes that
are not yet used here.
I thought I would update the code to use new classes, but it appears
that some functionnality covered in old qgsgeometry is not yet covered
in the new classes.

So, my questions are:

* What is the plan for old geometry classes, will they be removed
whenever 2.x dies? Or will they live together for some time?

* What happens if there was a functionnality in old classes that is not
present in new geometry classes?
I am speaking about conversions from type to type (line to/from
polygons, line to/from multipoint and so on). These were developped in
old classes and used by the copy/paste mechanism in qgis app. It seems
all these conversions were not ported in new classes (yet).

Thanks a lot,

Denis