[Qgis-developer] QGIS on Windows: order another desktop to accommodate all the icons

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:38:25 PST 2016

Hi,

recently I installed QGIS on Windows to test GRASS 7 support. To my
surprise QGIS put 5(!) icons to my deskop. I don't know any program
which installs so many icons to the desktop. Even program such ArcGIS
puts only one icon ;-) I wouldn't be surprised that some newcomers can
be confused when trying to understand which icon to use the first time
;-)

BTW, uninstall procedure do not remove these icons from desktop.

Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa