[Qgis-developer] Usability of searches

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 05:52:40 PST 2016

Yeah it's using SQLite FTS.  I use the same thing in Roam and it works
really well.  The only main suggestion I would add is just index the search
data + fid to lookup. Currently it stores the geometry information at that
point which blows the size out a lot for large data sets.  In Roam I just
went with the id and search data only and most indexes are ~2MB which is
fine for that.

Apart from that we should core it, although I would say make it C++ and
expose it via the API so plugins can just plug it into other maps, etc.