[Qgis-developer] share plugins (English required)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Mar 11 06:19:11 PST 2016

Il 11/03/2016 15:12, Martin Landa ha scritto:

> One of conditions says "supports English language". The plugin is
> currently in Czech language. My question is: do we need to rewrite all
> messages to English even the plugin is useful only in Czech Republic.
> Sure, there can be people which do not speak Czech and need to work
> with VFK format (GDAL supports this format). We will probably do
> transition to English in the future anyway (but not now). Or it's
> enough to write metadata in English and keep plugin in Czech? Then we
> could publish plugin within few days (users asking us for that).

Hi Martin,
this is a common issue, especially for other cadastral and gazetteer
plugins. I understand in these cases the requirement may seem odd, but
generally the extra work to make a plugin international is quite limited
(how many strings do you have?), and will make reuse of the code, when
needed, much easier, so I'd gently push in that direction.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu