[Qgis-developer] QGIS on Windows: order another desktop to accommodate all the icons

roy roy royroge at outlook.com
Sat Mar 12 06:34:48 PST 2016

Il giorno sab, 12/03/2016 alle 04.00 -0800, Tom Chadwin ha scritto:

> I run it from the Windows start menu, so I'm not actively specifying a
> directory. I think that will mirror other non-dev users' behaviour, so I
> still think this is an issue. I can't remember how I first installed the
> OSGeo installer itself, but I can't imagine I changed any installer
> defaults.

Hi, what i mean is that the "http%..." folder is useful and not to be
removed after install; btw i'm talking about the **OSGeo4Win network
installer** witch defaults the cache dir (http%...) in the position
where it is launched, also the cache dir can be customized if used in
advanced mode.

I totally agree that icons and start menu shortcuts could be handled
more graciously :)

best, roy