[Qgis-developer] Aggregates within expression engine

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Mar 16 00:53:51 PDT 2016

Hi Paolo,

And what would be the alternative syntax that is easier than SQL syntax?

Please try to be more specific rather than just saying SQL syntax is
complicated. Syntax that allows to use aggregate functions and grouping
for the following use cases:

Aggregate functions:

All data types:

 	* Count
 	* Count distinct
 	* Count missing values (null)

Text data types:

 	* string_agg/join: with delimiter and sort option

Numeric data types:

 	* Sum
 	* Mean
 	* Median
 	* Minimum
 	* Maximum
 	* Range
 	* St dev(pop/sample)
 	* Minority
 	* Majority
 	* Variety
 	* Q1
 	* Q3
 	* IQR

Date/Time types:

 	* Minimum date/time
 	* Maximum date/time
 	* Range between minimum/maximum date/time

--------------

Grouping options:

 	* All records in the attribute table
 	* A given grouping field or expression
 	* Currently Selected features
 	* Selection based on table relations (e.g. aggregation of all owners
of a parcel)
 	* Optional: have the same function grouped by each symbol category or
rule

Thanks,

Andreas