[Qgis-developer] Aggregates within expression engine

roy roy royroge at outlook.com
Mon Mar 21 01:31:43 PDT 2016

> So, thoughts and feedback welcome, no matter how off-the-cuff they are! ;)
>
> Nyall

Given that using SQL is maybe "harder", and that Mr. Paolo also have a
good point
aiming to ease to use:
i would like just to remind what the very nature of a G.I.S. is,

namely a Database,

usually with an extra column that happens to be a geometry.

I can understand that inexperienced users can be a little confused by
the SQL syntax
but if they want to do some *real work they will have to use QGIS as a
database* so i would think
of a syntax that is closer to SQL than to anything else because sooner
or later they will have to
learn SQL if they want to grow up.

I think that using anything else would in fact add an extra layer of
complexity,
something pointless to learn and that conceals what's going on under the
hood.

just my 2c,
best regards, Roy.