[Qgis-developer] plugin translation

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 04:13:50 PDT 2016

Hi Matthias,

> I was never very happy with qmake/.pro and try to avoid it, but this may
> be a subjective thing. I'm normally using the scripts/update-strings.sh
> script with a Makefile.

I did not find the script you are talking about (is maybe
scripts/update_ts.sh or scripts/update_ts_files.sh ?)

Anyway, I found out something that might be a little bit weird (at least
for me):

* if I run lupdate the menu(s) are not taken into account, while all the
dialog yes

* if I run pylupdate4 the the menu(s) voices are there..

the only uncomfortable thing with pylupdate4 is that you have to write
manually all the files that have to be read. So for example, my
my_plugin.pro file is:

FORMS = ../ui/*

SOURCES = ../my_plugin.py

TRANSLATIONS = my_plugin_it.ts

this file fits for lupdate, while with pylupdate4 I have to add each ui
file manually, like

FORMS = ../ui/dialog1.ui \
 ../ui/dialog2.ui

SOURCES = ../my_plugin.py

TRANSLATIONS = my_plugin_it.ts

it's not a real problem (it just takes a little bit time...) :)

Is this the expected behavior of lupdate and pylupdate4?

If yes, I can update the cookbook and change the command..

Thanks!

Matteo