[Qgis-developer] QGIS has no future

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:19:46 PDT 2016

Hi

Thanks for the explanation and describing exactly the way how I have
done it. I dont have a problem with it :)
Still it is not the "standard" way to install python modules inside
linux distributions - and that was all I wanted to say with it.
(beside that installing it with pip installs the modules in
/usr/local/lib whereas a distribution package installs them to /usr/lib)

Of course you can always assamble it somehow. But still (as a lot of
other modules are packaged for distributions) one would expect to have a
distribution package ready - which is not the case for debian stable
(only for testing and unstable)

So while it is easy for "us" installing it - some people might have
never used pip and expect everything coming installed with the QGIS
package. And for now I doubt the QGIS package installs the future module
with pip. That was all I wanted to point out.

kind regards
Werner