[Qgis-developer] How to access "Add New Feature" QgsRubberband methods?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 07:06:44 PDT 2016

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me how can I, using Python, access to the "Add New Feature"
QgsRubberBand methods? Or maybe point me to same sample code?

I don't want to create a new rubberband, I would like to access the one
that is created by the drawing/editing maptools.

I can reach the current mapTool with,

iface.mapCanvas().mapTool()

But I'm not understanding how to from there

I wanted to use removeLastPoint() (or the undo() in ). The idea is to
simulate the backspace key functionality with a button to use in a tablet
device (Windows).

Thanks,

Alexandre Neto
--