[Qgis-developer] strange GetCapabilities caching

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Mar 28 12:30:55 PDT 2016

I feel your pain Nicklas.

I too recently battled this, for many many hours.  I was setting up a
WMS service (through MapServer), with thousands of layers, but QGIS
would quickly display an error of "WMS provider Cannot calculate extent
Raster layer Provider is not valid", but only for the last layer in the
list (?).  And yes, I was also having trouble copying this error, as it
only flashed on the screen for a few seconds :)

I likely spent over 10 hours on this.  I have much WMS/OGC experience,
but this odd error (only returned in QGIS) really tested me ha.

I was not aware of clear cache settings in QGIS options, darn.  I must
have rebooted and it went away finally.

I hope this discussion helps others, so that they can debug their WMS
issues faster.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna