[Qgis-developer] datetime difference between 2 datetimes in Field Calculator

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon May 23 02:12:06 PDT 2016

I have a start-datetime (string) and a an end-datetime (string) in the
attributes of my vector data.

I can use the  to_datetime(str) function in the Field Calculator to
create DateTime objects from these.

But now it would be cool to check the time-difference between those two
(called timespan?).
I did not find a function for those...

Any hints?

If I did not miss something, I think there is not even a Qt function for
this...

A function to add could be: 'to_timemillies', then the user could create
timemillies from the DateTime-objects, and do some calculation on those
him/herself...

Would that be usefull?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde