[Qgis-developer] Plugins: "standalone" versus more tightly integrated

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 04:03:35 PST 2016

Hey,

Yeah, this was mainly just a side comment from watching Tom's talk and how
integrated some plugins should be as part of the UI and if that makes the
general UX better or worse.

It's not always relevant in every context but I have started to become a
fan of reusing what is provided in core vs custom for each plugin, but
this depends on the plugin and the user.

Something to keep in mind at least.  As most people know I'm not a fan of
dialogs, even non-model ones so always on the look out for better
integration with
the main interface.

- Nathan