[Qgis-developer] how to avoid full-table scans to determine primary key, extents?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 23:58:44 PST 2016

Hi,
I did raise those issues in the list and in the hub before because I wa
very impacted because all was exposed via postgres views.
QGIS server was more impacted than desktop since project loading was made
too often.
That was partially solved in Server scope by writing extent in qgs file and
just read that value instead of reading from provider.
I think we still need that in desktop, but this can be a trick for others
since extent might be wrong if data was edited somewhere else.
Having some maintenance tools somewhere to refresh extent in background
task could be a path maybe.
Cheers
Régis