[Qgis-developer] Improve server-side compiled expressions for PostGreSQL

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Nov 15 03:12:57 PST 2016

Hi Michaël,

No functions are compiled so far (afaik).

One will need to implement this in qgssqlexpressioncompiler or
qgspostgresexpressioncompiler for all the functions involved (I'm not
sure if / to what degree these functions are compatible between
different sql dialects).

Also make sure that any new function which is compiled is unit tested
(providertestbase.py) to make sure it behaves exactly the same when
executed locally and server side - across all providers.

It's a long-standing plan of mine but I haven't found the time (or
contract) for this yet...

Matthias