[Qgis-developer] Changing ergonomy of the visibility of layers inside groups ?

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Wed Nov 16 06:12:27 PST 2016

> You click on G ==> it becomes partially checked, and you restore
StatePartial
(ie A is unchecked and B is checked)

[and earlier posts]

I don't think I agree with this. I'll try to express how I would expect it
to work:

- the check state of a group is determined entirely by the check state of
its children, and is not independent of them

- checking a group *irreversibly* checks/unchecks *all* children, and never
results in a group becoming partially checked

So:

G, A, B unchecked
Check A > G becomes partial
Check G > G, A, B become checked
Uncheck G > G, A, B become unchecked
Check G > G, A, B become checked
Uncheck G > G, A, B become unchecked

I think I just don't really like that "clicking a group restores partial"
means that some children have a stored but not current state. It just all
seems too complex, and not necessary.

</$0.02>

Tom

-----
Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon