[Qgis-developer] Funding projects

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 6 00:26:25 PDT 2016

Il 06/10/2016 09:21, Neumann, Andreas ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I believe that a small thing that we could do and which would already
> help is to maintain a list of current projects that need funding - and
> add the contact information of the developer, who wants to work on it.
> Maybe we could re-use the QEPs and publish a list of current QEPs and
> add financial/contact information. And then delegate all the financials
> to the dev. In addition, we could advertise these projects on social
> media and amont the local QGIS user groups. The dev can then decide
> whether he wants to deal with really small donations or whether he wants
> to set a minimum amount to contributions.
>
> It would be a simple and effective way to make such projects more
> visible to the public, while not adding a lot of bureaucracy.

Agreed fully, also my thought.

One more thing we have been discussing is to include a link to that info
directly in the QGIS interface, for an easier discovery by the hundreds
of thousands users that never visit our blogs, ML, etc.
Of course we should find the right balance between visibility and
unobtrusiveness.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu