[Qgis-developer] QGIS server improvements

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Oct 12 01:51:31 PDT 2016

Hi

I agree with Andreas that there is no need to hurry. It is much easier
to plan once the Project / MapLayerRegistry redesign has been done.

The plans with server services as plugins are nice, and people can work
at it while the Project / MapLayerRegistry refactoring is going on. It
is however not absolutely necessary for a working QGIS Server, so no
need to hurry here too.

Regards,
Marco

On 10/12/16 10:14, Neumann, Andreas wrote:

> I think it needs a core dev familiar on the code base (specifically
> server situation) to decide what needs to be done under the hood.
>
> I propose to ask Marco Hugentobler to take a technical lead on this,
> since he started QGIS server and should be familiar with the issues.
> Other devs can of course contribute.
>
> I can help coordinate finances or testing - but don't have enough
> inside from a technical point of view.
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2016-10-12 10:07, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>
>> Il 12/10/2016 09:56, David Marteau ha scritto:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There a QEP about the refactoring of the server that already
>>> addresses some issues:
>>> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/74, could
>>> it fit as a starting point ?
>>
>> Thanks everybody for comments. I agree we should start moving ASAP, and
>> what we mainly need at this stage is someone taking the lead on this,
>> ensuring that nothing important will fall into the cracks. Andreas,
>> would you be available? Anybody else? If nobody, I can help.
>> All the best.

Dr. Marco Hugentobler