[Qgis-developer] Plans after friday's release?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Oct 20 00:45:17 PDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 04:59:32PM +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> I'm just wondering what the plans are following 2.18's release
> tomorrow? Specifically:
>
> - will master_2 become release-2_18 and master_2 cease to exist?

I hope so!

> - is there another 2.16 point release planned for tomorrow? There's a
> bunch of fixes in that branch, but now that I think about it I'm
> guessing there's no more 2.16 releases in store...

It'd be a pity not to release a new 2.16, given the amount of fixes
that went into it.

> I'm most excited about the possibility of one less branch to maintain
> + manage backports for!

Maybe we should find a way to enforce end-of-life in branches, so
to avoid people wasting time in backporting. Something like refusing
any pushes ? Renaming the brances with an "-eol" suffix ?

--strk;

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html