[Qgis-developer] Building and debugging QGIS on Windows x64

Frits van Veen fritsvanveen at ziggo.nl
Thu Oct 20 02:07:06 PDT 2016

Hi Casper

I did some sleuthing on the problem of the not working pyuic-wrapper.bat.

The second parameter is wrong. It points to d:\QGIS\Master_2\Build\output\bin\ but should point to d:\QGIS\Master_2\Build\output\bin\RelWithDebInfo.

The problem originates in several vcxproj files and that’s because in PyQtMacros.cmake the variable CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is empty.

You can see in package-nightly.cmd that CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is set to RelWithDebInfo, so I did this also in CMakeLists.txt with the line SET(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE "RelWithDebInfo").

Now the original pyuic-wrapper.bat can be used again.

One minor point: in the vcxproj files all calls to pyuic-wrapper.bat specify the RelWithDebInfo path. But then you only build the RelWithDebInfo anyway.

Another mystery solved ;-)

Frits