[Qgis-developer] Changing layer style also changes edit forms - is that on purpose?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 07:42:21 PDT 2016

Hi,
I was puzzled loosing my drag and drop forms in a qgs project until I
realize that switching from one l ayer style to another will also switch
form.
I'm on qgis 2.16.3.

Is that made on purpose so that user can store many edit forms per layer?
I'm not sure it is useful and it triggers caveats :
 - user thinks he looses it's form and that something is broken
 - designing an application with different styles or layer presets require
to copy-paste form definition in qgs file by hand to make it available on
all layer styles.

Any opinion?  Someone is using that really or should we fix it?

Cheers
Régis

-----