[Qgis-developer] Processing test coverage

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Oct 31 01:24:09 PDT 2016

Il 24/10/2016 17:38, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
> Il 23/10/2016 19:15, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>> Il 23/10/2016 19:07, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:
>>> Something like this?
>>>
>>> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/tests/README.md
>>
>> Thanks Matthias. IMHO implementing a comprehensive set of tests is of
>> high priority, as well as fixing some crucial issues.
>
> Hi all,
> from the lack of responses, and of tests created, it appears evident
> that either the interest is not high, or the fruit is hanging too high.
> I'd be in favour of sponsoring the effort, either directly through QGIS
> or indirectly through a crowdfunding effort. Opinions?

Hi all,
I've been thinking about this, and I think a two stages approach would
be more effective. The problems are essentially two:
* algs not producing an output with default params
* algs producing incorrect results, with various combination of parameters.
Problem #1 is far more frequent and important than #2, especially
because of changes in the backends, and far easier to spot.
How difficult would it be just to check whether an output (possibly of
the correct type: vector/raster/html) is produced?
This alone would make the environment far more reliable (someone may
have notices the string of tickets raised by our latest analysis course).
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu