[Qgis-developer] QgsFeatureRendererV2.startRender deprecated ...

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Sun Sep 11 19:18:35 PDT 2016

Hi All

I see that the version of QgsFeatureRendererV2.startRender taking a QgsVectorLayer as a second parameter is deprecated in favour of a version taking a field list.

As yet this has not (as far as I can see) been applied to SIP and python, presumably because the name cannot be overloaded in python.   At the moment this is good for me!  I need to get information about the layer in order to implement a custom renderer.  However this will not be available in the future, which will be a problem.

In particular I want to get the layer CRS in order to determine the relationship between true north and projection north, so that I can apply this rotation to the symbol.   It is not clear to me where I can get this from once the deprecated implementation of startRender is removed.  Possibly this could be added to the QGS render context?  I can access coordinate transformations there, but I don't see that as a guaranteed API for getting the source CRS.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Chris Crook

This message contains information, which may be in confidence and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.