[Qgis-developer] WMTS 1.0 - first implementers

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Sep 19 13:21:03 PDT 2016

On 19-09-16 08:55, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all,
> we have an opportunity to become an early implementer or reference
> implementer for WMTS 1.0. I think one of the companies around QGIS could
> take this as an opportunity to increase commercial opportunities.
> In case, please let us know.

Hi Paolo,

I'm also a little puzzled by our message :-)

We already had WMTS 1.0 in QGIS for a long time isn't it?

I understand now from Luigi's reply that Martin added a lot of new
stuff, and restructured a lot. But here in NL the free national WMTS
services (aerials and topo) have been used a lot already.

I added a comment on the https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3473 about
the native resolutions.

Also wondering how this works with the tile scale slider.

Regards,

Richard