[Qgis-developer] CI testing: the straight truth

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Jan 4 16:10:26 PST 2017

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 2:31 AM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:

> Hi Andreas, Nyall
>
> I would also prefer this, I just sent them a mail and will get back to
> you as soon as I get a response.

As a side note to this, I see very little use of [ci skip] in commit
messages [0]. If we are asking Travis to help us out with unlimited (or
longer) build times, it would be neighborly of us to add to our developer
docs (and maybe new PR template) some information on recommended use of [ci
skip] for trivial or non-build/testing-related commits.

Building QGIS jobs certainly must eat a bunch of Travis resources. It would
be good of us to try to ensure extraneous builds are not initiated.

Does anyone know if adding [ci skip] to the merge commit of a PR (that has
already passed tests) skips a CI build on the merged-into branch?

[0] https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/customizing-the-build#Skipping-a-build

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota

Mid-term we will still need to launch a project to update the system and