<html class="apple-mail-supports-explicit-dark-mode">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
</head>
<body dir="auto">
<div dir="ltr"></div>
<div dir="ltr">Dear all, </div>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">I can’t agree more on the fact that the plugin repo has become a wild jungle with less and less interest in digging into it to find an innovative one.</div>
<div dir="ltr">A few years ago, I spent a few minutes each week looking at each new plugin (because there were only ten or so). Now, I don’t look at new plugins anymore because there are too many of them and most of them are a duplicate of another plugin or,
 even worse, of a core feature.</div>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">I think new rules should be put in place or at least a way to distinguish good, community-approved plugins from the nonsense garbage in the quest for likes for their LinkedIn post.</div>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">Kind regards,</div>
<div dir="ltr">Nicolas</div>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
<blockquote type="cite">Le 29 sept. 2026 à 17:45, Stefano Campus via QGIS-Developer <qgis-developer@lists.osgeo.org> a écrit :<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
</div>
<blockquote type="cite">
<div dir="ltr">
<div dir="ltr">Good morning,
<div>a few days ago, a plugin [1] was released that is a fork of an existing plugin which had been updated (without the original plugin author being notified) to QGIS 4.<br>
The GitHub repository has issues disabled, so it is not possible to report bugs that are present.<br>
<br>
</div>
<div>But shouldn’t it be mandatory to have issue reporting enabled?</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Furthermore, the proliferation of plugins makes it difficult to find the truly innovative ones.<br>
So we see plugins that replicate core functions, perhaps giving them a more appealing user interface</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Where can I report this to the team that coordinates the plugins?</div>
<div>Do you think we should report these anomalies?<br>
<br>
Many thanks<br>
<br>
</div>
<div>stefano </div>
<div><br>
[1] <a href="https://github.com/veogeo/go3streetview">https://github.com/veogeo/go3streetview</a></div>
</div>
<span>_______________________________________________</span><br>
<span>QGIS-Developer mailing list</span><br>
<span>QGIS-Developer@lists.osgeo.org</span><br>
<span>List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer</span><br>
<span>Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer</span><br>
</div>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>