[QGIS-it-user] Fwd: [Qgis-developer] Announcing crowd funding campaign for composer rewrite and reporting framework

Paolo Cavallini cavallini a faunalia.it
Mer 26 Apr 2017 01:16:51 PDT

Salve,
una importante campagna di raccolta fondi per migliorare ulteriormente
le capacità di stampa e report di QGIS.
Nyall è negli ultimi anni lo sviluppatore più attivo in QGIS, e
sicuramente le risorse investite nel suo lavoro sono utilissime.
Saluti.

-------- Messaggio Inoltrato --------
Sender: "Qgis-developer" <qgis-developer-bounces at lists.osgeo.org>

Hi all,

I'm proud to announce the launch of North Road's latest QGIS crowd
funding campaign: the "QGIS Layout and Reporting Engine Campaign".

This campaign covers stage 1 of a large, ongoing project to modernise
and expand on QGIS’ print composer and layout facilities. Over time
QGIS’ composer functionality has grown extensively and now is capable
of creating flexible, high quality cartographic outputs. However,
we’ve now hit a limit where the current code architecture is
prohibiting further improvements and important fixes. In order to add
a reporting framework to QGIS, it is necessary for us to refactor and
improve large sections of the composer code.

You can read more about the campaign and what we're planning at

https://north-road.com/2017/04/26/qgis-composer-rewrite-and-layout-engine-crowdfund-launched/

Please reshare this link via social media, your local user groups, etc
- the more exposure we get the more likely this is to be successful!

Thanks,

Nyall