[Qgis-psc] svn access for Richard Duivenvoorde

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 9 09:57:48 PDT 2008

Hi Gary, Otto, Paolo, Tim

Richard is an active community member, in the release team and now as
maintainer of the srs database (srs.db). I therefore like to ask your opinion
about giving him svn write access.

My opinion is +1

Regards,
Marco

Betreff: Re: AW: AW: [Qgis-user] why is EPSG:2180 not recognised?
Datum: Mittwoch 09 April 2008
Von: Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>
An: Hugentobler Marco <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch>

Hi Marco,
ack.
I will sent you a new srs.db in the upcoming days. Or is it possible for
me to get an svn-account (usefull for dutch translation also)? I'm
comfortable with svn already....
Thanks,
Richard Duivenvoorde

Hugentobler Marco wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thanks for offering your help. Afaik (projection gurus, please correct me
where I'm wrong) your understanding is right and it's all about updating the
srs.db with sqliteadmin. I think updating is not necessary before a release,
it can be done whenever you hear about epsg updates or people tell you about
a bug.

> So I'm going to add you as maintainer of srs.db to the wiki and will direct
people with projection updates to you. I'm not an expert concerning
projection specific questions (only one common coordinate system in
Switzerland :-) ). If you have any questions, just send a mail to the user
and developer list. I think there are a lot of people in the QGIS community
with profound knowledge of projections and spatial reference systems.

> cheers,
> Marco

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Institute of Cartography