[Qgis-psc] svn access for Richard Duivenvoorde

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Thu Apr 10 05:40:54 PDT 2008

Hi Tim,

I fully agree with that caveat and that we should communicate that clearly to
him.
In near future, I'm going to look out for a translation manager and it will be
similar problem. I think it is ok as long as the number of people working on
QGIS is limited and everybody knows each other.

Regards,
Marco

Am Donnerstag 10 April 2008 14:24:45 schrieb Tim Sutton:
> Hi
>
> Its really great to have a volunteer to maintain the srs database!
>
> +1 with caveat below.
>
> Since moving to OSGEO we no longer have granular access controls for
> different areas of SVN so I would ask him to constrain his activities
> to the .ts and srs db and if he wants to expand to general coding
> commits he should first go through the similar basic peer review
> process that other contributors to go through.
>
> Paolo I have similar concerns about reinstating Leonardo's access
> since I cant constrain his activities to the grass plugin dir any
> more. Are you happy enough that he is up to speed with using SVN
> properly now and that it is safe to give him general commit access?
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> 2008/4/10, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
> > Otto Dassau ha scritto:
> > > On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 18:57:48 +0200
> > >
> >  > Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote:
> >  >> Hi Gary, Otto, Paolo, Tim
> >  >>
> >  >> Richard is an active community member, in the release team and now as
> >  >> maintainer of the srs database (srs.db). I therefore like to ask your
> >  >> opinion about giving him svn write access.
> >  >>
> >  >> My opinion is +1
> >  >
> >  > +1