[Qgis-psc] Fw: qgis web migration to osgeo

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Mon Jun 2 02:20:09 PDT 2008

Hi,

I was on the "LinuxTag" Conference in Berlin the last days (also hold a 1h talk
about QGIS :-)). I had a chance to talk to german OSM project members (Frederik
Ramm and Jochen Topf). They don't intend to provide WMS services for free,
because it would cause too much traffic on their servers, as they said, so they
will offer WMS access for money via their company geofabrik.de.

Not interesting for us, I think, although it would be the easiest way to
include the data. Anyway, I talked to other people as well and I am sure we
find a solution for a nice usermap with OSM data, without paying for direct WMS
access at the OSM project.

regards,
 Otto