[Qgis-psc] Re: [Qgis-developer] Time for 1.0 API freeze
marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Fri Nov 21 02:55:39 EST 2008
What about the following compromise: Set a fixed release data, e.g. at the end
of december. If two weeks before that date, a label collision mechanism is
available (of course developed in a branch and it must be well tested 14 days
before release), include it. Else wait for 1.1.
My personal position is still the following: I think it is too close to
develop a labelling collision mechanism for 1.0. If however someone achieves
to do that until 14 days before release (and remember, it must already be well
tested at this time) I won't stay in the way.
What do you think?
On Thursday 20 November 2008 19:31:03 Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> > Once again I agree these are good motivations for a December release.
> > The discussion on PSC was that the labelling freeze would be lifted
> > but no extension to release timeline was planned. As you say this
> > likely means even if labelling does make it into svn by Dec it will be
> > not well tested. We also need to get clarity on who will implement it
> > and by when otherwise as you say, we will be sitting in limbo. Lets
> > take this onto the PSC list and we can discuss further and get some
> > clarity as to how things will proceed...
> Hi all.
> I also agree that delaying the release of 1.0 would not be good for the
> project. I suggest if label collision can make it in, all the better,
> otherwise do not stop and wait for this.
> All the best.
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Institute of Cartography
Technical Advisor QGIS Project Steering Committee
More information about the Qgis-psc