[Qgis-psc] Re: [Qgis-release-team] brochures

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Sun Oct 19 02:56:16 PDT 2008

Hi Paolo,

I think we need to discuss about contribution/sponsoring in the PSC again.
First of all I would like to thank Paolo for translating the QGIS brochure
into italian language. I added it to the download area
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/doc/brochure/

but :):

When I opened the PDF I saw that you put your faunalia logo on top of the
brochure. I don't feel comfortable with that, and I would prefere, if you remove
the logo again, because there are many other people with a company or
commercial interest in the background who might be upset. It looks as if the
brochure or even QGIS is done by faunalia or faunalia is _the_ QGIS company. It
does not reflect that you translated an existing english template - so in
general it gives a false impression.

I thought we already discussed that we agreed that we need to offer sponsoring
companies and contributing people in general an adequate platform to get
acknowledgement for their work.

I would be happy if we can provide a sustainable and clear solution for
sponsoring/contributions in the future, so people and companies know what they
can expect for their work and also can be sure they are treated the same way as
all other contributors in their sponsoring field (translation, development,..).

I know you already started with some ideas in the wiki and I hope we can provide
a fair solution in the (near) future. I have the impression QGIS has become more
commercially attractive and I would be happy to have comtributions/sponsoring
clearly regulated, before fighting starts, people get upset and we get in
trouble and loose contributing people/companies.

# Current status of the Financial and Marketing Page:
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Finances

kind regards,
 otto