[Qgis-psc] QGIS success stories

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Wed Apr 1 01:14:35 PDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to start with the QGIS success stories for the website. During the
FOSSGIS conference we already asked a few companies and they all want to
contribute.

Some thoughts:

- The idea is to frequently publish a new success story. Maybe one per month?
- I would like to start with companies/institutions closely related to the QGIS
  project such as Faunalia? / Kanton Solothurn? / ETH Zürich ?, so others can
  follow. Marco and Paolo, are you interested and do you have a nice success
  story to contribute? I asked Horst already and he is interested as well.
- As Tim already said, the success stories should be formatted in an interview
  standard format, but it should be simple. I would suggest to have between 600
  and 800 words including one screenshot. As TOC we could use:

a) Title
b) Short background of the company / institute / authority / university (1/4)
c) Description of the project/application and what QGIS is used for (1/2)
   with a screenshot
d) Conclusion showing positive experiences/benefits using QGIS (1/4)

any comments?

regards,
 Otto